Thread: Drinking Alcohol

Administrator

Drinking Alcohol

What is the age of the youngest person you have seen drink alcohol?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaglukark View Post
    What is the age of the youngest person you have seen drink alcohol?
    We occasionally see teens drinking, 14-15yrs old maybe (there are probably younger ones that I haven't noticed), but most of the time it's the younger adults that are doing the drinking. The community itself is a dry community (alcohol prohibited) but we still have quite a bit of alcohol and drug abuse (marijuana). We're lucky, though, to not have any major problems with drugs as in big cities dealing with crack/cocaine, meth and numerous other addictions.

Thanks for info.

Youngest I've seen? 12

I worked with youth for a number of years in Tuktoyaktuk NWT (previous Youth coordinator and Assistant Rec Coordinator). I have seen a lot of youth drinking and I have experienced this first hand as a youth. Most are just wanting to experience it and I am very thankful we don't have the major problems the south experience!

Administrator
    Thank you Steen_15 for your response to this, WOW 12 that is young. Alcohol and drugs are and ongoing struggle for a lot of youth today in our country.

I'm wondering where these young people get the alcohol? Parents, siblings, friends, family? Especially if there are dry communities as Eric has said.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineG View Post
    I'm wondering where these young people get the alcohol? Parents, siblings, friends, family? Especially if there are dry communities as Eric has said.
    They usually find it from bootleggers in the community or import it themselves when they're out of town for a trip/visit.

Super Moderator
    Oh I did not know about this, thanks for sharing.